Current Opening: Administrative Assistant
Status: Full-time Non-Exempt
Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – including crisis management, case management, counseling and victim services – to child abuse survivors and their non-offending family members. In 2012, ChildSafe expanded its services to reach all child victims of abuse and neglect.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of sexual and physical abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
As a trauma focused agency, this position is integral in establishing a welcoming and safe environment for all who enter ChildSafe. It is a full time non-exempt position and is responsible for administrative support to the Chief Operations Officer, the Chief Human Resources Officer, client services staff and Multi-disciplinary Team Partners, as well as assists clients with completion of demographic forms, manages client flow from forensic interviews to Family Support Specialist visits, manages counseling clients’ arrival for appointments, data entry into Efforts to Outcomes software; and, reception duties including oversight of clients while in the waiting room and management of ChildSafe’s telephone console.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensuring that the first impression of ChildSafe is welcoming and safe.
- Screen front door intercom and individuals entering the building.
- Responsible for client check-in procedures and assisting clients with paperwork
- Serve as hostess to children, families and any other person who walks in the door – providing a safe and welcoming environment.
- Ensure efficient flow of clients through good communication with the forensic interviewers, law enforcement, CPS workers, Family Support Specialists and Counselors.
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Operations Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, as well as the Director of Clinical Services and Client Services Team Leader through data entry and maintenance of client data in Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Provides administrative support to the Chief Facilities Officer by assisting with the monitoring of facility needs/repairs.
- Manage reception areas, including straightening all areas.
- Manage telephone system and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Assist in office opening and closing procedures.
- Assist the front desk administrative assistant in the management of agency mail, including postage and necessary supplies.
- With the front desk receptionist is responsible for logging and recording incoming in-kind, checks, cash and credit card transactions and donations.
- Provide administrative support to staff when possible.
- Assist with filing
- Assist with office supplies orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Must have a welcoming and hospitable demeanor with excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Must be comfortable using a computer, open to learning new software and entering data. Use of Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) a plus but not required. Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office required
- General office and clerical skills
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task in a high paced environment
- Excellent time management skills; dependable; efficient
- Experience in working with children and families preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- High School Diploma
- Three years of experience as an administrative assistant required
The Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the ChildSafe team and will be an active part of the team in carrying out ChildSafe’s mission, reaching ChildSafe’s goals, and accepting other duties as assigned. Works closely with clients, Family Support Specialists, Clinical Therapist and MDT partners and the staff who cross-cover the front desk; also interacts daily with all ChildSafe staff and MDT partners on campus.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- General office environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position a majority of the time
- Needs to move about the office to access cabinets, files, office machinery including computers, copiers and printers
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (EG: copiers/printers/postage machine)
- Ability to ascend/descend ladder, bend, stoop
- Will frequently position oneself to pack/unpack items and office supply order deliveries
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to observe client’s emotional state to assess needs
- Must be able to communicate well with clients, families and vendors
ChildSafe is open Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. This position is a 39 hour/week position. The work schedule will be 11am-8pm, but can vary based on business need. Some flexibility required.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Amber Cottrell, Chief Human Resources Officer, at AmberC@ChildSafe-sa.org.