Current Opening: Building Services Attendant
Status: Full Time/Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Mission: Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – including crisis management, case management, counseling and victim services – to child abuse survivors and their non-offending family members. In 2012, ChildSafe expanded its services to reach all child victims of abuse and neglect.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of sexual and physical abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
Essential Job Functions: The Building Services Attendant is responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the campus. This position also assists staff with tasks that may temporarily require the work of more than one person such as office relocation and setting up for events.
SHIFT – Monday-Friday 12:00PM – 9:00PM (unless business needs required deviation)
• Thoroughly clean and sanitize restrooms, kitchen and breakrooms per schedule.
• In personal offices, vacuum, dust, and remove waste per schedule.
• In common areas, meeting room, public spaces, corridors and work rooms: vacuum, dust, mop, sweep, remove waste and conduct other general cleaning tasks per the schedule or as required by use.
• Monitor lighting throughout the building, reporting in outages to supervisor.
• Restock housekeeping products, clean windows as scheduled and arrange furniture to maintain a neat appearance.
• Maintain janitorial spaces in a clean, sanitary and safe condition.
• Remove furniture and meeting materials from storage, setup spaces and attend events as directed. Breakdown spaces after the event and return all materials used to the proper space.
• Collect and properly dispose of waste throughout the facility. Clean up spills created by other occupants. Assist with trash disposal at the building exterior.
• Spot clean carpet and hard surfaces throughout the facility.
• Assist Facilities team with minor repairs and groundskeeping tasks.
• Promptly inform the supervisor of any safety or sanitation issues. Promptly inform the supervisor of any equipment or supply needs.
• Assist the staff in the movement of materials, furniture and supplies throughout the facility.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing using the English language.
• Must be able to perform all tasks with limited supervision.
• Capable of safely lifting and moving 50 pounds of materials such as audio/visual equipment or furniture.
• Capable of safely operating common powered janitorial cleaning machines such as floor scrubbers and buffers
• Ascend/descend ladders to service equipment or lighting located above the finished floor on an infrequent basis.
• Capable of working outdoors in inclement weather on an infrequent basis.
• Demonstrate knowledge of the correct use of common cleaning materials.
• Capable of positioning self to reach, bend, and extend extremities to full normal range and crawl on hands and knees for detailed cleaning situations.
• Able to pass a pre-employment physical
Education and Experience:
• Prefer a minimum of three years of experience in a similar position.
• High School Diploma or GED
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Must be able to move about the facility interior and exterior, including all employee work areas, and all storage and mechanical areas.
• Capable and willing to work outside in inclement weather on an infrequent basis.
• Must be able to lift and carry various items up to 50 pounds while performing job duties.
• Must be able to bend, twist and reach as needed to position materials while performing job functions.
• Will be exposed to cleaning materials and processes that will require special precautions for safe use.
• Must be able to work in a dynamic environment where priorities may change on short notice.
• Must be neat in appearance and work habits.
• Must follow Policies and Procedures of the organization to include safety and health guidelines.
Organizational Relationships: The Building Services Attendant is an integral part of the ChildSafe team. This position reports to the Chief of Facilities.
Job requires 39 hours weekly, with some evening and weekend commitments.
Current Work Schedule: Monday – Friday – 12:00pm and Friday 9:00pm – some flexibility required
Benefits: Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Retirement plan
Qualified candidates will email a resume to Amber L. Cottrell, Chief Human Resources Officer at . Due to the volume of applicants ChildSafe receives, we are unable to respond to each candidate individually regarding the status of his or her application.