Current Opening: Care Coordination Data/Systems and Training Specialist
Status: Full-time / Exempt
Reports to: Director of Care Coordination
Mission: Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization that was created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – medical, counseling and victim services – to child sexual abuse survivors and their non-offending family members.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: provide child sensitive medical evaluation and a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of physical abuse and sexual abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
Functions: Reporting directly to the Director of Care Coordination, the responsibilities include but are not limited: will be responsible for the current and future needs of the electronic platform ‘users’, data reporting, training in the objectives of all (and agency projects), learning all stakeholder organizations culture and how to maximize the user’s participation, training, and professional development in execution of the project vision. Data/Systems and training specialist will be a super user for the community wide data base for case tracking purposes. The position will ensure completion of appropriate documentation for community partners in the data base.
Responsible for carrying the objectives of all and agency projects forward through the comprehensive and coordinated observation, assessment and incorporation of workflows and process through observation, training, and data assessment and collection of project participants and users.
The role will be responsible for creating and delivering a training development plan complete with materials, tutorials, instruction and learning resources such as online manuals. The ideal candidate will be organized and a confident public speaker and be adaptable with a high degree of critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Develop a schedule with community-based organizations (CBO’s) to assess training needs
- Create and deliver training strategies and initiatives for participating entities
- Maintain database and training records
- Identify trends in data and propose solutions to the DCC
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders, staff, and contractors to enhance the mission/vision and values of ChildSafe
- Identify value for each Community Based Organization (CBO) and encourage CBO partners
- Partner with Signify staff during new user on boarding meetings
- Create and present data and reports in a variety of settings including narrative, visual tools and interactive surveying to improve outcomes
- Track, compile and produce reports on collected data in Signify to drive outcomes an improve User input
- Training/Trouble Shooting:
- train new users on process
- train new users on their respective agency processes
- Serve as trouble shooter and re-trainer for Users
- Update, maintain, disseminate, and train on User Manual
- CQI (sample)
- Identify trends in clients and present to Leadership for plan to improve.
- Pull data and create visual charts and graphs for DCC as needed and requested for meetings with elected officials, stakeholders and media.
Skill and Qualifications needed:
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related or applicable to the objectives field
- Clear criminal and TDFPRS background checks
- Knowledge of child abuse issues and human services
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to work closely with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to and understanding of the mission of ChildSafe
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate information
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems
- Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator, or similar role
- Hands on experience coordinating multiple training events with local agencies in the community
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Keen ability to problem solve and work autonomously or with a team
- Understanding of and/or commitment to learn and serve as a subject matter reporter/incorporator of
- Signify/KCF- CPI
- Collective Impact
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General office environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Needs to move about the office to access cabinets, files, office machinery including computers, copiers and printers
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (EG: copiers and printers)
- Will seldom ascend/descend ladder
- Occasionally lifts supplies and support materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to communicate well with staff and MDT partners
Job requires 40 hours weekly. Occasional afterhours and weekends for agency related activities.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with federal and state law.