Director of Donor Relations
Status: Exempt Full Time
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
ChildSafe, a leader in the field of trauma treatment and services for children and families in Bexar County, is seeking an experienced Director of Donor Relations who is responsible for managing a group of assigned, qualified major donors. By assuring the donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to ChildSafe, the Director of Donor Relations – who reports directly to the Chief Development Officer – will achieve maximal donor retention whereby both their level of financial commitment to ChildSafe and their active involvement with the organization increase.
This position will spend 100% time raising funds and managing appeals with a goal of raising $500,000 annually for operational funding.
- Qualifying a group of caseload donors
- Managing a group/portfolio of assigned, qualified donors
- Creating individual goals for each person on his or her caseload based on the donor’s interest, motivations, history of giving, and knowledge of that donor’s potential
- Making direct, face-to-face solicitations
- Researching and creating wealth and philanthropic reports on prospects
- Securing appropriate information, including budgets, and create proposals/asks to secure gifts
- Creating monthly reports as required by CDO that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance
- Perform other donor activities as may be required
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of nonprofit fundraising experience with a proven ability to secure individual and major gifts and meet objectives
- A self-starter who is driven by results
- Comfortable with a donor database, prospect research and other wealth screening tools
- Ability to make and keep friends, establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies
- Well-honed writing and speaking skills and comfortable utilizing them to compel individuals to action
- Organized, prepared, detail-oriented, and know the significance of follow-through on promises
- People are inspired by your determination
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Clear criminal and abuse registry background checks
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General and open office environment
- Some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends).
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g. copiers and printers)
- May occasionally lift supplies and support materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Job requires a minimum of 40 hours weekly; some evening and weekend hours required based on the fundraising needs and events of the organization
Current Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Friday 8am-4pm; some irregular hours and weekends may be required.
Benefits: Paid Holidays, Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Retirement plan
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
ChildSafe’s mission is to restore dignity, hope, and trust to children traumatized by abuse and neglect. Since 1992, ChildSafe has helped over 70,000 individuals recover from the devastating effects of childhood trauma, develop healthy coping skills, learn to break the cycle of abuse, and grow to become contributing members of our community.
As Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we are the first stop for children entering the justice system as the result of sexual abuse, severe physical abuse, or witnessing a violent crime. Our core services include forensic interviews, crisis intervention, case management, family advocacy, and clinical therapy. To combat the secrecy that enables child abuse, we provide prevention trainings on the issue. We also serve as the facilitator of a Multi-disciplinary Team consisting of law enforcement, child protective services, prosecution, and medical/mental health professionals.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to Maliha Imami, Chief Development Officer. We regret we are unable to accept phone calls or hard copies of resumes.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.