Current Opening: Director of Donor Relations
Status: Full-time Exempt
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – including crisis management, case management, counseling and victim services – to child abuse survivors and their non-offending family members. In 2012, ChildSafe expanded its services to reach all child victims of abuse and neglect.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of sexual and physical abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
ChildSafe is a leader in the field of trauma treatment and services for children and families in Bexar County. The position of Director of Donor Relations is responsible for managing a group of assigned, qualified major donors to assure the continuation of these services. By assuring the donors fulfill their passions and interests through their giving to ChildSafe, the Director of Donor Relations – who reports directly to the Chief Advancement Officer – will achieve maximal donor retention whereby both their level of financial commitment to ChildSafe and their active involvement with the organization increase.
This position will spend 100% time raising funds and managing appeals with a goal of raising $350,000 annually for operational funding.
- Qualifying a group of caseload donors
- Managing a group/portfolio of assigned, qualified donors
- Creating individual goals for each person on his or her caseload based on the donor’s interest, motivations, history of giving, and knowledge of that donor’s potential
- Making direct, face-to-face solicitations
- Researching and creating wealth and philanthropic reports on prospects
- Creating monthly reports or as required by CAO that accurately reflect caseload activity and performance
- Perform other activities as required i.e. donor events, social media posts, database, etc
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of nonprofit fundraising experience with a proven ability to secure individual and major gifts and meet objectives
- A self-starter who is driven by results
- Comfortable with a donor database, prospect research and other wealth screening tools
- Ability to make and keep friends, establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies
- Well-honed writing and speaking skills and comfortable utilizing them to compel individuals to action
- Organized, prepared, detail-oriented, and know the significance of follow-through on promises
- People are inspired by your determination
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Clear criminal and abuse registry background checks
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General and open office environment
- Some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends).
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g. copiers and printers)
- May occasionally lift supplies and support materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Job requires a minimum of 40 hours weekly; some evening and weekend hours required based on the fundraising needs and events of the organization
Current Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Friday 8am-4pm; some irregular hours and weekends will be required.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.