Current Opening: Director of Marketing and Communications
Status: Full-time / Exempt
Reports to:Chief Advancement Officer
ChildSafe’s mission is to restore dignity, hope, and trust to children traumatized by abuse and neglect. Since 1992, we have served as the only agency of its kind in Bexar County, removing barriers to investigation, enhancing criminal prosecution, and providing healing services to children (and their non-offending family members) who were sexually abused, severely physically abused, exploited, or witnessed a violent crime.
This position is an integral part of the Advancement Department that is responsible for $5.5M in operational fundraising, $34M in capital campaign funding, brand management, marketing, communication, and online engagement to advance the agency’s mission.
Seeking a marketing, communications, and online engagement director proficient and highly creative in building and growing brand awareness while staying on top of the latest trends. In coordination with the Chief Advancement Officer, this position will take a data driven approach to (1) increase community awareness of ChildSafe’s programs and mission, (2) increase ChildSafe’s online presence across all platforms, and (3) manage and implement an effective marketing and communication plan.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications and marketing plan across audiences (internal and external) in collaboration with the Chief Advancement Officer.
- Lead the generation of online social media content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action.
- Decide who, where, and when to disseminate content.
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print, digital, and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, videos, and website.
- In coordination with the Chief Advancement Officer, maintain website—ensure new and consistent information (article links, stories, and calendar of events) is posted regularly.
- Identify and build marketing partnerships with external entities and track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time.
- Execute ChildSafe’s Google grant; create content and messaging.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or marketing showing progressively increasing activity and program development. A team player able to work well independently to strategize, organize, prioritize, track and manage multiple work activities. This person must have sophisticated and well-developed written communication skills, and a high level of personal responsibility for achieving ambitious results.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General and open office environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Needs to move about the office to access cabinets, files, office machinery including computers, copiers and printers
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g. copiers and printers)
- Will seldom ascend/descend ladder to retrieve supplies
- May occasionally lift supplies and support materials weighing up to 30 pounds
Job requires 40 hours weekly.
Current Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Friday 8am-4pm; some irregular hours and weekends may be required.
Benefits: Paid Holidays, Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Retirement plan
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with federal and state law.