Current Opening: Director of Prevention and Community Awareness
Status: Exempt Full-time
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Mission: Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization that was created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – medical, counseling and victim services – to child sexual abuse survivors and their non-offending family members.
Functions: Reports directly to the COO and serves as a member of the executive management team. The Director of Prevention and Community Awareness supervises the prevention and community awareness department staff. The Director of Prevention and Community Awareness represents ChildSafe and promotes our educational and awareness programs to school districts, ChildSafe’s multi-disciplinary partners and other mental health, social services, and educational professionals and organizations. The Director of Prevention and Community Awareness works closely with the Chief Program Officer to ensure our education programs are aligned with the trauma focused service model.
Skills and Qualifications needed:
- College degree from an accredited college required in relevant field. Graduate degree preferred. Undergraduate degree considered in conjunction with previous experience
- Experience and well developed skills in written and verbal communication, public speaking, communicating and negotiating with other education, public, private, or human service administrators
- Knowledge of child abuse issues and human services preferred
- Experience in curriculum development preferred
- Oversight of staff utilization is maximized for all direct care services provided
- Oversight and review of best practices are in place and followed by all program staff
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to work closely with a dynamic leadership team
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to and understanding of the mission of ChildSafe
- Flexible and able to multi-task; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Five years or more experience supervising others and managing a department(s) or program(s). Public speaking experience required.
Programs and Services
- Working in conjunction with the Chief Program Officer to ensure all education programs are reflective and inclusive of ChildSafe’s trauma focused model.
- Coordinating trainings, designing, implementing and coordinating events and conferences.
- Conducting trainings for our multi-disciplinary team partners.
- Identifying resources and materials helpful to staff and the community regarding child abuse.
- Representing ChildSafe at meetings, conferences, and events.
- Work closely with Children’s Advocacy Centers of Texas (CACTX) and National (NCA) regarding data collection, surveys, etc. as they relate to education.
Grant Reporting and Management
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer to seek grant opportunities to fund the education and outreach programs.
- Ensuring the education department is collecting and maintaining data on all programs and services provided by the department.
- Monitoring education staff time and efficiency.
- Providing mentoring, guidance, and supervision to all education staff.
- Work closely with the Chief Development Officer and Chief Financial Officer to ensure funds are available for all programs and that all requests and grants submitted are appropriate and are not duplicated.
- Oversee reporting and monitoring of organizational performance metrics to grantors.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- General office environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- Needs to move about the office to access cabinets, files, office machinery including computers, copiers and printers
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (EG: copiers and printers)
- Will seldom ascend/descend ladder to retrieve client files
- Occasionally lifts supplies and support materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Must be able to observe staff/client’s emotional state to assess and identify needs
- Must be able to communicate well with staff/clients and supportive family members
Job requires 40 hours weekly. Occasional after hours and weekends for agency related activities. 2 weeks paid vacation each year, in addition to all ChildSafe holidays.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in accordance with federal and state law.