Current Opening: Events Manager
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Events Manager
Mission: Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – including crisis management, case management, counseling and victim services – to child abuse survivors and their non-offending family members. In 2012, ChildSafe expanded its services to reach all child victims of abuse and neglect.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of sexual and physical abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
Basic Functions: ChildSafe is a leader in the field of trauma treatment and services for children and families in Bexar County. The position of Events Manager is responsible for managing all internal and external events at ChildSafe. This person will lead the strategic planning of our annual events calendar, with a goal for growing both our community partnerships and our fundraising proceeds. This person will oversee all planning and logistics to include budgets, equipment, and catering in conjunction with the agency’s strategic fundraising plan. Ideally, this person will have a sound knowledge of vendor management as well as the experience necessary to manage an event successfully from start to finish.
- Responsible for short- and long-term planning and the management of ChildSafe events
- Plan and facilitate logistics relating to equipment, décor, presentation, and catering needs
- Strategize with Development team and build a plan for internal and external events
- Responsible for reconciling rental agreements, charges, and payments on a monthly basis
- Maintain and understand all equipment needs for events as well as curating checklists tailored for each event
- Work closely with Chief Development Officer to ensure all donor communication, branding, and marketing efforts are aligned with the agency
- Monitor status of events to include budgets, timelines, and schedules
- Build and maintain archives of photos, layouts, and documents for all ChildSafe events
- Support Development team with other projects/initiatives as needed
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of fundraising event management experience.
- A self-starter who is driven by results
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Adept in vendor relationships, budget adherence, and contract negotiations
- Proficient in social media and digital marketing regarding advertisements of events
- Ability to work on multiple projects while maintaining tight deadlines with accuracy
- Reliable transportation, a clean driving record, a valid driver’s license, and current auto insurance
- Clear criminal and abuse registry background checks
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General and open office environment
- Some light physical demands (i.e. spending hours listening and talking; working on the computer and phone; driving to appointments and events; and occasionally working long days, nights or weekends).
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g. copiers and printers)
- May occasionally lift supplies and support materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- Job requires a minimum of 40 hours weekly; some evening and weekend hours required based on the fundraising needs and events of the organization
Current Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and Friday 8am-4pm; some irregular hours and weekends will be required. Schedule may be flexible/remote based on business necessity and workload; home office must be appropriately equipped to perform all daily tasks
Salary range commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates will email a resume to Amber L. Cottrell, Chief Human Resources Officer at . Due to the volume of applicants ChildSafe receives, we are unable to respond to each candidate individually regarding the status of his or her application.