Current Opening for Grants Accountant
Status: Full-time Exempt
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Mission: Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – including crisis management, case management, counseling and victim services – to child abuse survivors and their non-offending family members. In 2012, ChildSafe expanded its services to reach all child victims of abuse and neglect.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of sexual and physical abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
Essential Job Functions:
The Grants Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of financial statements and budgets for private foundation and government grants as well as subsequent reports to these grantors. Additionally, this position will provide assistance in various accounting functions including, but not limited to, month-end closing and preparation of financial statements. The person in this position will work closely with the Chief Financial Officer and the Development Team to assist in securing, tracking, and maintaining agency funding.
- Assists Development Team in preparation of financial statements and budgets as specified in grant applications.
- Interfaces with grantors to ensure fiscal compliance with grant requirements
- Prepares and submits grant reports and monthly requests for reimbursements
- Prepares and transmits semi-monthly payroll
- Assists Chief Financial Officer with preparation of budget, allocations, audit, and Form 990
- Generates 1099-MISC forms annually
- Assists in producing accurate reports of fundraising event revenue and expenses
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Chief Financial Officer
Experience, Education and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Two years of accounting experience preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and QuickBooks
- Strong organizational/time management skills and detail oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and verbally
- Excellent people skills, with the ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- General office environment
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 60% of the time
- Needs to move about the office to access cabinets, files, office machinery including computers, copiers and printers
- Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (EG: copiers and printers)
- Packs files annually for storage
- Occasionally lifts supplies and files weighing up to 20 pounds
- The compensation for this position will be based upon the successful candidate’s education, skills, experience, and potential for contribution.
- Medical coverage including health, dental and vision
- A 401(k) retirement plan
- Paid vacation/sick leave accrued as described in the Employee Handbook
- High energy, professional work environment
Full-time position working 40 hours per week. Will need to work after hours and weekends as organizational needs dictate.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Qualified candidates will email a resume to Amber L. Cottrell, Chief Human Resources Officer at . Due to the volume of applicants ChildSafe receives, we are unable to respond to each candidate individually regarding the status of his or her application.