Current Opening: Loss Prevention Hospitality Guard
Job Title: Loss Prevention Hospitality Guard
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Mission: Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – including crisis management, case management, counseling and victim services – to child abuse survivors and their non-offending family members. In 2012, ChildSafe expanded its services to reach all child victims of abuse and neglect.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of sexual and physical abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
Essential Job Function: Under the supervision of the Chief Operating Officer, the Loss Prevention Hospitality Guard is responsible for the onsite safety and security of our facility in a trauma informed manner. Ability to fulfill requirements in high stress situations is required. Maintain a professional and detail oriented demeaner.
Skills Needed: As a trauma informed agency, success in this position requires a high energy, personable individual. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills. Able to communicate in crises driven situations. Ability to engage and build rapport with clients and employees. Experience loss prevention, security, patrolling, bodyguard or similar field. Must be comfortable intervening in difficult situations.
• At least three years of experience in similar field
• High school diploma or GED
• Training in crisis management preferred.
• Experience with diverse cultures, languages, and situations.
• Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
• Experience working with children and families
• Ability to perform a variety of tasks and deal with a variety of people and situations.
• Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities highly desirable.
• Must have a telephone, reliable transportation, auto liability insurance and possess a current Texas Driver’s License.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check and all other hiring processes
• Walking the grounds and facility to watch for activity such as theft, break ins, vandalism, unauthorized personnel, etc.
• Warns violators of infractions such as loitering, skateboarding, smoking in non-designated areas and apprehends and/or escorts them off the premises
• Escorts visitors as needed
• Ensures facility is locked and secured
• Makes rounds of each area on rotation
• Provides assistance, directions, information to visitors/clients
• Monitors security cameras, door badge entry, sensitive areas
• Communicate issues with management
• Maintain knowledge of emergency plans and evacuations
• Respond to accidents and emergencies with clients and staff
• Reports non-working security equipment/lights etc.
• Reports any facility leaks, safety concerns, system failures, necessary building repairs
• Request emergency personnel for high risk situations
• Escort last staff on shift to their car (facility closes at 8pm M-Th)
• Critical issues are documented within 24 hours
• Up to date and current on all employee trainings
• Document and follow up on investigations
• Provide visible presence while onsite
• Attend work related functions during and potential after hours as needed
• All other duties as assigned
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
• Needs to move about the office to access cabinets, files, office machinery including computers, copiers and printers
• Be active and alert in all situations
• Working in weather elements (heat, cold, rain etc.) for possible long periods of time
• Ability to twist and reach, bend, stoop, sit, stand, walk for long periods of time
• Operates a computer and other office productivity machinery (EG: copiers and printers)
• Ascend/descend ladder
• Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
• Adapt well to changing environments
• Multitasking and understanding priorities
• Must be able to communicate well
• Work during nights/weekends/holidays and non-traditional work hours if needed
• Must be organized and able to perform required tasks
• Must be able to work in a dynamic environment where priorities may change on short notice.
• Must be neat in appearance and work habits.
• Must follow Policies and Procedures of the organization to include safety and health guidelines.
Hours/Shifts: Full-time position working 40 hours. Schedule: M-TH 11am-8pm/F 8am-4pm. May need to work after hours.
Benefits: Paid Holidays, Major Medical, Dental, Vision, and Retirement plan
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Qualified candidates will email a resume to Amber L. Cottrell, Chief Human Resources Officer at . Due to the volume of applicants ChildSafe receives, we are unable to respond to each candidate individually regarding the status of his or her application.