Current Opening: Outreach Coordinator
Status: Full-time Exempt
Reports to: Director of Prevention & Community Awareness
Mission: Established in 1992, ChildSafe is a nonprofit organization created to combat child sexual abuse in our community. Serving as Bexar County’s only Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC), we provide a continuum of care – including crisis management, case management, counseling and victim services – to child abuse survivors and their non-offending family members. In 2012, ChildSafe expanded its services to reach all child victims of abuse and neglect.
The goals of the agency and its multidisciplinary partners include the following: a recorded forensic interview; ensure the coordination of appropriate and thorough investigation and prosecution of sexual and physical abuse and neglect cases with public and private agencies; provide crisis intervention and on-going counseling; provide public education and professional training; and advocate for the child and family during the investigative process.
Basic Functions: The Outreach Coordinator is one of the educational faces of ChildSafe for professionals including MDT partners, parents, teachers, school districts, and other groups interested in the prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse. The Outreach Coordinator will enhance ChildSafe’s child abuse prevention community initiative by providing support to all planning, implementation, and coordination activities.
- Coordinate and oversee in-person training schedule
- Assist with training of new Prevention & Community Awareness employees
- Provide significant outreach programming including representation of ChildSafe at health fairs, schools, youth serving organizations and church groups
- Assist with the trainings to our Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) partners
- Provide training and consultation to community members and schools, which encourage implementation of preventative elements that are sensitive to the needs of children who have experienced trauma
- Coordinate Brown Bag Lunch Workshops & Guest Speaker events as applicable
- Obtain signed Memorandums of Understandings (MOU) from new partnering agencies
- Provide regular program and facilitator reports to the Director and others as needed
- Complete documentation within 48 hours of service
- Complete other task/duties as assigned per Director
We are looking for a highly motivated, detailed oriented professional who, along with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, has the following skills/education:
- BS or BA degree preferred plus experience in working with school districts, nonprofits, or recruiting, experience may substitute for education.
- Knowledge about state law and TEA mandates on training for school personnel on child maltreatment training preferred.
- Experience with online learning platforms preferred.
- High attention to detail and ability to follow through.
- Must have an acceptable driving record, valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance to meet agency requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Can work independently with minimal supervision while keeping the Director apprised of activities.
- Must meet strict programmatic outcomes and deadlines.
- Must have an outgoing personality and professional demeanor with an ability to interface with multiple and diverse groups and individuals.
- Knowledge of Bexar County school districts is a plus.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and take on increased responsibilities through the training process.
- Experience working with a learning management system.
- Bilingual English / Spanish preferred.
- Must be flexible to work occasional evenings or weekends and travel as required.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- General office environment / various diverse education and training facility environments
- Must be able to sit and drive a vehicle 50% of the time
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time
- May work in outdoor conditions for events
- Needs to move about the office to access cabinets, files, office machinery including computers, copiers and printers
- Needs sufficient mobility and strength to carry presentation materials including brochure and audio-visual components
- Operates a computer, projector and other office productivity machinery (e.g.: copiers and printers)
- Will frequently position oneself to pack and unpack presentation materials in storage areas or for presentation locations as well as outreach events and fairs
- Occasionally lifts supplies and support materials weighing up to 30 pounds
- The compensation for this position will be based upon the successful candidate’s education, skills, experience, and potential for contribution.
- Options for medical insurance coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan upon eligibility
- Paid accrued vacation and sick leave
- Paid ChildSafe Holidays
- High energy, professional work environment
Job requires 40 hours weekly. Occasional afterhours and weekend work for agency related activities.
ChildSafe is an Equal Opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, marital status or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.
Qualified candidates will email a resume to Amber L. Cottrell, Chief Human Resources Officer at . Due to the volume of applicants ChildSafe receives, we are unable to respond to each candidate individually regarding the status of his or her application.