- Direct Service with Children: Greeters and friendly faces help us provide a safe and welcoming environment for our kids – help them with play activities while they are waiting for a forensic interview or therapy session.
- Administrative Support: Assist staff by completing needed tasks or help prepare for an upcoming event.
- Garden Volunteer: Help us maintain our therapy garden and outside areas through various activities.
- Animal-Assisted Therapy: Registered therapy dogs and their handlers volunteer with children in our lobby.
Occasional & One-Time Events
Opportunities vary as activities are scheduled by staff.
- Coordinate a Drive:
- Invite your friends and family to collect and donate new needed items for our Rainbow Room.
- Donate holiday gifts for Santa’s workshop, Easter Baskets, Thanksgiving baskets and other holidays.
- Back to School supplies are needed for our school supply store in August.
- Holiday Events:
- December – volunteers at Santa’s Shop to help with gift wrapping,
- August – Back to School Supply Drive or in March by distributing Cardboard Kids during distribution weekend.
- Cardboard Kids®:
- Raise awareness for ChildSafe and bring attention to child abuse by decorating a cardboard kid during our Cardboard Kids ® Campaign.
- Distribute Cardboard Kids® at an area mall during distribution weekend.
- Family Enrichment Adventure Therapy (FEAT): Provide and serve lunch for adventure-based activities.
An interview, criminal and child abuse background check and training is required for all volunteers
Volunteers working directly with children must be over the age of 18, submit 2 written references and an application, successfully complete a criminal and child abuse background check, and attend training and orientation.
Please leave us your information and we will contact you about volunteering.
Lauren Zuniga (Volunteer Services Manager)