- Direct Service with Children: Greeters and friendly faces help us provide a safe and welcoming environment for our kids – help them with play activities while they are waiting for a forensic interview or therapy session.
- Administrative Support: Assist staff by completing needed tasks or help prepare for an upcoming event.
- Garden Volunteer: Help us maintain our therapy garden and outside areas through various activities.
- Animal-Assisted Therapy: Registered therapy dogs and their handlers volunteer with children in our lobby.
Occasional & One-Time Events
Opportunities vary as activities are scheduled by staff.
- Coordinate a Drive:
- Invite your friends and family to collect and donate new needed items for our Rainbow Room.
- Donate holiday gifts for Santa’s workshop, Easter Baskets, Thanksgiving baskets and other holidays.
- Back to School supplies are needed for our school supply store in August.
- Holiday Events:
- December – volunteers at Santa’s Shop to help with gift wrapping,
- August – Back to School Supply Drive or in March by distributing Cardboard Kids during distribution weekend.
- Cardboard Kids®:
- Raise awareness for ChildSafe and bring attention to child abuse by decorating a cardboard kid during our Cardboard Kids ® Campaign.
- Distribute Cardboard Kids® at an area mall during distribution weekend.
- Family Enrichment Adventure Therapy (FEAT): Provide and serve lunch for adventure-based activities.
An interview, criminal and child abuse background check and training is required for all volunteers
Volunteers working directly with children must be over the age of 18, submit 2 written references and an application, successfully complete a criminal and child abuse background check, and attend training and orientation.
Please leave us your information and we will contact you about volunteering or email
Cortney L. John, Community Engagement and Volunteer Services Manager