The website, training videos, and educational materials are available in both English and Spanish.
Our first training video, Child Abuse – Identifying and Reporting, meets TEA guidelines and fulfills the mandated requirements as communicated July 31, 2014.
ChildSafe, with a donation from Azteca and Thomas J. Henry, wrote a new chapter for the children of Bexar County by equipping teachers and school employees with the training they need to help identify children in need while empowering our community.
This training is designed for all educators, auxiliary staff and volunteers working with children in public schools, public charter schools, early childhood development centers, and youth-serving organizations.
ChildSave: The best online training available
- Online grading and completion reports from your Education Coordinator
- Print certificates of completion
- Downloadable, printable handouts
- Accessible with desktop and laptop computers, tablets and smart-phones
- Optional on-site setups — we’ll help you get started
All schools and districts that partner with ChildSafe for online training will receive the following:
- 1st year – Complete and free access to Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse, parent training course on Accident Prevention & Safety for Babies, Toddlers, and Teens, and free access to other resources and educational materials on ChildSafe’s training website, ChildSave.
- 2nd year – $3.00 per ISD employee which allows access to Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse, parent training course on Accident Prevention & Safety for Babies, Toddlers, and Teens, and free access to other resources and educational materials from ChildSafe.
- A dedicated Education Coordinator to ensure district’s needs are being met, and to provide assistance as needed.
Included in Identifying and Reporting Child Abuse online training:
- Interviews and information from law enforcement, Department of Family and Protective Services staff, prosecution, and testimonials.
- Online training course with: computer, tablet, and smartphone accessibility
- Personalized user support
- Optional onsite setups
- Secure individual registration
- Online graded and completion reports from the ChildSafe Education Coordinator
- Printable certificate of completion
- Downloadable handouts
Other educational material and resources that are available on ChildSafe’s website page under “Learn & Empower,” include:
- What to Say and Do if You Suspect Child Abuse
- Protecting Your Children
- Know the 10 Signs of Child Abuse
Need more information?
ChildSafe is excited and ready to meet with you and your staff to discuss the next steps in providing this innovative training opportunity. Please contact us as soon as possible to ensure you are prepared for the 2017-2018 school year!
Call, email or complete the form below:
Samantha (Sam) Coleman
Director of Prevention & Community Awareness